KIDS In The GAME
At the Trusted
Sports Foundation, we are passionate about helping young people thrive
in life through participating in youth sports. Our primary objective is
to provide programs and assistance that "Get & Keep Kids in the
Game". Our ultimate goal is for youth athletes to participate in sports,
and that the positive impact of such experience enables them to live up
to their full potential in the present and their future. Benefits of
our programs will result in scholarships, subsidized registration fees
for less fortunate kids, provision of sports gear and apparel, and other
programs that enable young people to participate in organized youth
Youth sports are a critical positive developmental tool for the next generation of Americans. But the statistics are staggering:
* 62% of kids ages 9-13 do not participate in any organized physical activity during non-school hours.
* 75% of these kids don't play because they cannot afford registration fees and equipment.
* 1/3 of children in the U.S. will be overweight or obese by the time they are 9 years old.
* Over $3.5 billion was eliminated from after-school sports programs in public schools around the US over the past 2 years.
Organized youth sports programs provide an action-oriented and
successful path to discipline, leadership, crime-prevention, lower
drop-out rates and healthy lifestyles. Research studies overwhelmingly
conclude that kids who participate in after-school athletic programs
- less substance abuse
- less teen pregnancy
- less obesity
- less misconduct and criminal activity
- better social skills
- better academic performance
- higher levels of physical activity later in life